Saturday, February 28, 2009

just some typing,

It wasn't long after the movie started that everything else began too. You know what they say, "never a dull moment." Well, they can say it all they want, but it doesn't' mean it has to be, in any way, truthful. I guess Mike bringing Steve over was what got the ball rolling, but really didn't have anything to do with the final outcome to what will forever be known as "Oh That".


Mike was chronic in his befriending of the damnedest people. I mean, just what kind of friends do you meet at the Waffle House and the thrift store at four in the morning? Okay, so i get the Waffle House thing but the Thrift Store? Four in the morning? Steve, certainly, was no exception. Early on, we thought Steve might be a better class of reject because he worked for an entertainment company. Our acceptance turned out to be short lived. Rumors circulated and later confirmed that Steve ran a Tilt-a-Whirl for a gypsy carnival working the area. I guess that qualifies as entertainment, just not in my book. Still, Steve showered and dressed nicely for a Carny, though i have no idea what he did with the razor i gave him.

Mike told me that Steve had an allergy to one of the metals in the alloy used to create razor blades and it would cause him to have to go to the hospital if he even touched the razor because of residual particles of those metals on the razor itself. I've heard some pretty peculiar stuff in my life but this one was the most peculiar. At least that's what i thought until i asked Steve about it and he recounted his appendectomy which was performed with medical grade plastic instruments to keep the surgery from killing him on the operating table. I guess it's a good thing he's not allergic to our silverware. If he were he'd surely starve to death.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Glad you're back. Would love to take one of your sewing classes. I'm having curtains and slip covers made right now. Would sure love to be able to do it myself... Enjoy your time in Alpine. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete