Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The end of the "W's" of My Sewing...

I said that i would throw up a few pics of some of the things I've made and so here they are. I have pages of stuff and it was hard to pick, so i just grabbed a few of the more memorable ones that shouldn't offend anyone.




I made this flapper dress for my BAGF for a Halloween Party. It was fun to do, but the challenge in this was getting it done fast enough. It was sort of an after thought and it turned out alright.





This is a Patent leather and brocade corsette that i made to go under a Victorian Dress i made for a Christmas costume party for my lovely. Obviously the brocade side is out.











This is the Victorian dress i made her for that Christmas party. It was a lot of fabric and is very heavy. It has four layers of petticoats beneath the lace over laid Jacquard. This dress is seven pieces. Aren't you glad you don't have to dress like that day to day?? It was a whole lot of fun to make. I wish i could put up all the pics of it to show all of the braiding and everything but, eh, this should give you an idea of what it looks like.







This Empire waisted bridesmaid gown was a trip. The dress is really easy to make and doesn't take all that long to finish. Unless, your measurements don't vary by more than a couple inches, such as the case here. This lady is well over six foot tall and terribly long waisted. Her measurement from under bust was constant all the way to the point of her hips and that ran for nearly ten inches. She was a doll and looked like a cake topper. I enjoyed making this one as much for the challenge of fitting her as i did just for meeting her. She's just a jewel of a lady.


I often say that if you can describe it i can make it. Well, when i was asked to make an Oakland A's cheerleader outfit for a baby, i was intrigued. When i found out that it needed to be the size of a onesie for a newborn, i knew i had to try. I think the picture speaks for itself. On the side you cannot see there is the last name of the baby appliqued just as the A's is on the front. Notice there are A's on the outside of the sleeves too, just like the real jersey. This was nothing short of a labor of love. It's two piece, the onesie and the pleated skirt with flashes. Well there is the little girls headband also. It remains one of my most favorite projects of all time.


I could go on and on, but i think you have an idea of what i mean by i get asked to make anything and everything. I could post pics till all my hair falls out, but it's gone and you don't want to flip through that much. I sincerely hope you enjoyed something in this series and know that anything is possible.

Thanks for reading my post and for asking the question,

Y'all be good, D












No comments:

Post a Comment