Monday, February 16, 2009

Army buddies, Tall tales, and Chicks dig scars...

A three legged dog walked into a salloon and hopped up on the bar. The bar keep asked the pup what he could do for him and the dog said, "Ah, i'm just lookin for the man who shot my paw."

Shameless, isn't it?? If you tell that joke out loud it's a great little kid joke, but written down it just isn't much of anything. Now don't take my word for it, go tell it to someone right now. Yes, i know it's a groaner, but it is so much harder to make a funny joke without using profanity or blatant inuendo. So, i like it. I hope one of you finds it cute as well.

This passed weekend, my oldest and dearest friend came to visit. I hadn't seen thig guy in more than twelve years. It had been since he had married this woman and moved back east somewhere. You know, to one of those states where only poor people eat brisket and those lovely green peppers we all love are called jal-uh-peen-ohs!!! It's nothing short of divine intervention that they didn't lock him up for wearing cowboy boots. God knows that Ranger belt he wears probably scared the hell out of them. But, anyway, he's back home in the Lone Star and i for one am glad.

He got here Friday and said he'd bring the beer. Well, how can you argue with that?? True to his word he did and while it wasn't what i'd usually drink, i think i'll be drinking it again. Stupid limed up beer, who thought of that?? Well we sat up both nights chatting like a couple kids on a sleep over and come sunday, he left.

It was so good to see my friend and twelve years is too long. If he runs off like that again, I'll just have to hunt him down, get him in a submission hold, and make him sing "Take me back to Texas". Come back anytime, we didn't get any pictures !!! Dork!!!

My 8th grader has his first track meet this week. He does field events and has been consistently throwing the shot just short of thirty feet. So, that should make him competitive but we'll just have to wait and see. The 7th grader got a math award last week for something. I know that sounds bad that i don't know what it was for, but when i asked him about it he started telling me how female spiders chew on the stomachs of male spiders during intercourse. The moral to this story is, sometimes spiders are more important than some piece of blue paper.

Now before i go rub aquaphor onto my itching skin cancer scar i just want to wish everyone a great week with whatever it is that you are involved in. Y'all be cool, I'm aquaphor bound. D

No comments:

Post a Comment