Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Game Rules

Every once in a while, someone or something happens that really gets my ass out of joint. Lately, i haven't felt much like writing mostly because my ass has really been out of joint. Yeah; Sure; i'm frequently cranky or grouchy. Hence, the Truculent for a middle name on FaceBook. Not withstanding that, i try to keep a nice even demeanor and struggle to live as simple a life as i can. I was told many years ago, by the first doctor i liked, to cut as much of the stress out of my life as possible and i've worked very hard to limit the stressors in my world.
Well, here a couple of years ago i started playing a game where the rules were not only undefined, but there seemed to always be a reason why any rules couldn't be established to aid in the structure and advance the game. This one sided approach to game play came to a head recently. It has caused me to reevaluate the game, how it has been played, and my willingness to continue.
So, i grabbed my rosary and my bottle of Esperanto and meditated on the subject. Eventually, i came to a realization. First, when you wash dishes, you have to wash both sides, not just the front. Second, Hawthorne said that all you had to do to be nothing is simply to do nothing. And Third, when i dig my heels in i always win.
What does all this mean?? Well, it's simple enough. My plates are clean, i'll no longer sit by and do nothing, and my heels are dug in good. I'm not playing this game until the rules are defined and the playing field is level. So, when the rules are made and the deck has 52 cards and an even shuffle, deal me in. Until then, i'll stick with my crossword puzzles as i never was a fan of solitaire.
Now that i have gotten this out of the way, i am going to post several in the next couple of weeks and get all the ugly drafts taken care of.
Until i write you again, Peace be with you, D

1 comment:

  1. Have you been listening in on the conversations I've been having with Human Resources, doctors, and Worker's Comp??? I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete