Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stick a fork in Me: formerly Back by popular demand

Okay, so it's been a while since i sat to write anything. I've even had a stalker or two, casually comment on my absence. I do appreciate the attention and i certainly hope i don't let you down. One thing though, don't forget, you get what you pay for.
I'm not overly gabby these days. It's quite possible that my son's football is taking its toll on me. Then again, my younger son and his FFA is a concern,but not quite as bad. Let me attempt to clear this up a bit. When it comes to football, he's attending two games a week. I thought the UIL had rules about this, but what do i know? I'm just a housewife. Honestly, i don't see how he's going to be out that much and be academically successful. Time will tell, but it's a burden knowing everything. Then the FFA thing. Last year, the cost of a hog was 190USD. Much to my surprise, this year it is right at 400USD. What in the hell. Feed is twice as expensive too which equals something in the order of two hundred bucks a month for feed for a pair of hogs for eight. Sorry Zeke, i guess you are going to concentrate on the political side of the club this year cause the animals are out.
Okay, sorry, had to go meet the teacher. Someday, someone is going to have to tell me just why we do that. It's not like the teachers ever say anything other than i enjoy having BooBoo in my class. Though there was a high point, if you could call it that. I threatened to whack his AP English teacher in the head if she used "Took'n" as his physics teacher had. I have to admit. I use poor English regularly, but i'd never use Took'n in place of " have taken".
Ah hell!!! It has taken me two days and a number of hours to write this. I did manage to make the orange and black table cloths i was asked to make, but other than that i think i'm fried. By the by, those are organizational colors not linens for Halloween.
Ok, that's it. I'm posting this without editing. It is what it is. And for the record, i just found out that Mr Football has fallen behind in his classwork.

You know i love you more than my luggage...
Peace be with you, Dave

2 comments:

  1. It's good to get "caught up" on your life.

    I gave a grammar lesson to an English teacher over "so don't I" (she was attempting to say so do I)! Seriously, if you are going to teach it, speak it properly.

    I've been home nursing a bad knee and trying to finish some sewing projects so I could get a quilt finished for one of the grandkids.

    BTW, hogs will eat lots of other things besides the regulation foods. My daughter used to feed hers old fashioned slop, table scraps mixed with raw oats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the knee Theresa. Let me guess, you were ice skating at the mall and were mugged by a bunch of ten year olds, Right?? Just kidding. Yeah, i know about Hogs. I'd like for him to raise a pair, but if he does that he won't do anything else. He's a very peculiar child. So toward that end, i'd rather him concentrate on working the leadership aspect of FFA and maybe he can do the animal thing later on. Still waiting on him to expand his comfort zone, but he is getting better with people. Hope the knee feels better soon and it's always good to hear from you. Take care, D

    ReplyDelete