Saturday, March 19, 2011

My OGGI Cup Broke.

This is an Oggi Cup, in case you didn't already know. It's just like mine, though mine was GREEN!!! Seriously, what other color would it be for me. You see Donner's car has been running poorly and i thought i'd take matters into my own hands and see if i couldn't do something about it. Afterall, i have a pair of teenage boys that need some practical experience with car maintenance. In the process of this my cup fell off and broke. I know, it's just a cup, but it made me really kinda sad. I can't really explain why, but it really hurt my feelings.
I suppose my reaction to the cup could be, in part, just one more of the things that have been weighing on me since we moved to Amarillo. I mean, my sleep is down, my pain index is up, and my disinterest in my daily life is at an all time low. I've spent days considering why all of these things are as they are and what i need to do to lift myself back into the light. I just don't know. I believe i'm stuck in a trough of depression and i'll be as i am until some triggering event comes along that snaps me out of it. I hate feeling lost, out of control, and lonely. I know it's going to take some time for me to establish a life here, but i'm just not sure i really want to. Don't get me wrong, i am thrilled for Donner and her job, and i know that it is a stepping stone to what she wants to do and all that, but i'm just trying to find my place here, all the while being supportive and fulfilling my role. I'm sure that i'll be fine in a couple weeks and that eventually my place here will be revealed. Until then, i need to be patient and soldier on.
I did find me a cup similar to an Oggi cup at the World Market that is all green. The lid doesn't fit quite the same but i guess it's good enough. Someone once told me to find something good or interesting everyday. Well, while at the World Market i also found that they make candy bars with dark chocolate and bacon. Yes, you heard that right, bacon.
What an odd pairing, but that only reaffirms my belief that there is something for everyone.

Until i write again, Peace be with you,
Dave

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of dark chocolate. AND I love me some bacon. BUT the idea of combining the two, makes my stomach pitch around like a row boat in a storm!

    Hopefully, your new cup will make the grade. I fully understand the attachment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Dave. One day at a time. You will find your place in Amarillo. I understand how you feel. I hope Amarillo gets better for you but you are always welcome to come back to the DFW area:)

    ReplyDelete