Monday, August 3, 2009

I think i just earned myself the "Dad of the Day" Award today. I have been promising the guys MusicMan style guitar straps. Naturally, they had to be made of leather, oh and they wanted their initials to be revealed. Revealed in sewing terms means that there are two layers and when you cut out the pattern from the top layer, the bottom layer is revealed. How cool, No?? Garage Band, the next generation...........

Of course, my Alien child wanted his done in a font style like the movie Ice Age and he wanted "eye brows" on the letters. Undoubtedly, he got that crap from Chip Foose. I'm not thrilled with it, but he is and that's all that counts. He's a short little cuss and i'm probably going to have to take a couple more inches off of the end of the strap. I just hope i don't take off too much and that he'll grow into it. Though i doubt he'll ever be any taller than 5' 9" or there abouts.





My Beastly child, the one that doesn't stop eating, made a great font choice and i really liked the way it turned out. Since he'll probably top out around 6' 3", his strap was made a little longer and should see him through many years of playing. Really and truly, leather is the only choice for this job. Oh, and he totally digs the way the reveal came out. As they say, if he likes it, i love it. Pssst!, they practice with headphones on. That was money well spent!

And finally, i included this picture because it makes me laugh!!!! I just love the hair......lol I won't rain on his Heavy Metal parade, i'm sure the Football Coach will do that next week.













At any rate, i thought i would share this with the world. The straps are functional and durable and the guys love them. Who could ask for anything more. Y'all be good, DDDave

2 comments:

  1. They sure did turn out great!!!!!!! You did a great job and you should be very proud!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was always something about those head bangers that I loved.... Glad you're raising a new crop of them!

    ReplyDelete